May 2021 - Product Update
At CMNTY, we strive to offer you the best tools to get your research job done, especially during these tough times. This month’s update is once again packed with solutions to make your research life easier and get you insights faster.
Updated Journal Export to Excel
Last month we released the new forum export, based upon your input. This month we changed our export of Journal to Excel. Not only is your file better structured by splitting data across multiple sheets, but we also apply filters on columns so you can start filtering quickly.
Aside from this, we’ve also introduced an info sheet containing a table of contents, allowing you to navigate through the excel file quickly. These changes are also reflected within the Forum export.
We’ve made several improvements to our Focus module;
- Background Blurring: Attendees can now blur their background for additional privacy.
- Noise-canceling: Attendees can now enable noise-canceling, removing all background noise. Noise-canceling will be turned on by default next month.
- Volume Indicator; A volume indicator now indicates the level of volume we measure. Additionally, when you speak while you are muted, you will get a notification.
- Moderators can directly export the chat to Excel from the Pulse section.
[BETA] Conduct tasks in a sequential order
When you want participants to conduct tasks in sequential order, you are limited in using our Stepboard module only. This is a limiting factor, as you cannot get a survey finished before participants could move on to an open discussion. We’ve started implementing the ability to link tasks together, allowing you to guarantee that participants finish task A before moving on to task B. We are currently BETA testing connecting tasks to get participants conducting tasks in a set order. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
We’ve aligned our interface on many levels to match our existing product, make the configuration more manageable, and match market demands. Here is a quick summary of all changes done to align the interface:
- We’ve updated our wizard to improve the appearance of your platform. By using our wizard, you are ready to use our product in less than 5 minutes.
- We’ve moved several configuration options within the admin to a more suitable place. Managing your content is now more grouped and less spread out through the interface.
- We’ve renamed several parts of the platform. Focus Meetings are now called Sessions. Community Managers are now called Moderators, and Members are now called Participants.
- We’ve removed the tab interface within our Journal module for Diary Studies and changed it to a clear overview to align it with other modules and remove the confusion participants had when participating.
We will continue to improve our exports and ensure all other modules will get an update soon. Next month, we will introduce an updated Blog and Challenge Excel export.
The Forum module will get an update, with the ability to go deeper into discussions. We will be removing the current limitation of only three layers in a single thread.
By the time you read this, your platform has already been updated or is updated within a couple of days with these improvements. If you have any questions or suggestions, please reach out to our team here.